Crispy Baked Orange Pork Chops counted
Be sure to wash the orange before removing the zest for this dish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pork chops (8 oz. each)
- Juice and grated zest of 1 medium orange
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- Marinate the pork chops in the orange juice and salt and pepper for 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the orange zest and the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish and eggs in a third. Dust the chops with flour and shake off excess. Dip in the egg, then coat in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry chops for 4 minutes on each side until the chops reach an internal temperature of 155°F. Serve with rice and tomatoes