Crispy Catfish Sandwich with Apple Slaw
Apple slaw makes a crisp, sweet spread and adds some satisfying crunch to these filling catfish fillet sandwiches.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger Brand Coleslaw Mix
- 1⁄2 apple, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Kroger Brand Coleslaw Dressing
- 4 filets Kroger Brand Farm Raised Boneless & Skinless Catfish, thawed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning blend
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Toss together coleslaw mix, apples, green onion and coleslaw dressing. Set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. In second shallow bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour and seafood seasoning.
- Dip catfish filets in buttermilk mixture, coating thoroughly. Dip into cornmeal mixture, making sure each filet is completed coated.
- In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat 1” oil to 350°F. Pan fry breaded fish filets until golden, 3 to 5 minutes, flipping about halfway through. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Place crispy fish on toasted buns. Top with coleslaw.
- Refrigerate leftovers.