Crispy Chicken & Waffles with Bourbon Honey Glaze
A touch of cornmeal in the batter adds great texture and flavor to the waffles in this delicious crispy chicken dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 pieces frozen chicken tenders
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Butter for serving, if desired
- Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions; keep warm.
- Whisk together honey, bourbon and cayenne if using; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, salt, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk and butter until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacture instructions. Add batter and cook until golden brown.
- Top each waffle with 2 pieces of chicken. Drizzle with bourbon honey and serve with butter if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.