Crispy Chicken Saltimbocca
Serve your saltimbocca with mashed potatoes or on top of cooked pasta.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 chicken breast cutlets (4 oz. each), pounded to ¼"–⅛" thickness
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- Use paper towels and blot excess moisture from chicken. Season with salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour and cayenne.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter. Place each cutlet into the flour mixture. Use your fingers to adhere the flour on both sides. Shake off excess flour and add to the wok. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Cook the cutlets for 2 minutes on each side until golden and transfer to a baking sheet.
- On top of each cutlet, place 1 slice prosciutto, 2 fresh sage leaves, and 1 slice mozzarella.
- Set the oven to broil. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and allow the cheese to melt and brown. Remove and cover with foil.
- Using the same wok, add the white wine and cook for 2–3 minutes to allow the liquids to reduce by half. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits. Whisk in the dried sage and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Place the chicken on a platter and top with the sauce.