Crispy Chickpea & Orzo Salad
Gently spiced and roasted garbanzo beans add protein and a satisfying crunch to this wholesome orzo salad.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Organic Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups orzo, cooked
- 1 container (10 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced then quartered
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Creamy Goddess Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place garbanzo beans on clean dish towel; gently pat dry. In a small bowl, combine beans, oil, salt, paprika and garlic powder; toss to coat.
- On prepared baking sheet, pour garbanzo bean mixture in even layer. Roast 40 to 45 minutes, gently turning every 15 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned.
- In a large serving bowl, add orzo. Top with tomatoes, cucumber and beans. Serve with dressing. Refrigerate leftovers.