Crispy Crepes with Fresh Fruits
You can substitute a mixture of tropical fruits for the berries, if you like.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ package (16 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp. coconut-flavored rum
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a work surface and cut into 12 equal-sized pieces. Place the pastry pieces on a baking sheet.
- Bake the pastry approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a sifter to shake 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar over the puff pastry. Return to the oven and continue baking for approximately 5 minutes or until golden. Place the puff pastry on a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the berries in a food processor and pulse to form a rough purée.
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar until thick, but not stiff. Stir in the coconut and rum.
- To serve, place 1 piece of puff pastry in the middle of each serving plate, spoon some cream over the pastry, and then top with some purée. Place another pastry on top and sprinkle with remaining confectioners’ sugar.