Crispy Egg Rolls
Save to My Recipes
Instead of forgoing your favorite Chinese food, make it yourself with gluten-free, all-natural ingredients. These egg rolls taste even better than take-out!
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 scallions, diced
- ½ head napa cabbage, chopped
- ½ tsp. gluten-free five-spice powder
- 2 cups cooked ground pork
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. sesame oil
- 10 gluten-free rice papers
- 1 large egg white, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, carrot, scallions, and cabbage. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with five-spice powder. Mix in the ground pork.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the soy sauce and stir in sesame oil. Drizzle the soy sauce mixture over the pork and vegetables and cook 1–2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Place about 1½ tablespoons of the mixture into the center of each of the rice paper wrappers. Roll the corner up and over the filling, fold each side in, and then roll up the rest of the way. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large cookie sheet with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray. Place egg rolls, seam-side down, onto the cookie sheet. Brush with egg white mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.