Crispy Fish Tacos
The BEST Fish Tacos! Loaded with citrus slaw, avocado, and spicy chipotle mayo, these tacos are packed with delicious flavor and perfect for Lent, Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday!
- 1 1⁄2 pounds fresh cod, sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cole slaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 package white corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- Prepare citrus slaw by combining all ingredients (cole slaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, pineapple juice and 1/8 tsp. salt) in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients (mayo, honey and adobo sauce) in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Slice cod into 1x2 inch pieces. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare batter by combining flour, panko bread crumbs, beer and seasonings (cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and 1 tsp. salt) in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour canola oil into a medium skillet, filling it about 1 inch deep. Heat on medium-high.
- Dip fish into batter. Working in small batches, add battered fish to hot oil. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove fish from oil and place on a wire rack. Continue until all fish is fried.
- Heat tortillas as desired. Assemble tacos by adding fish, citrus slaw and sliced avocado to tortillas. Top with sauce and additional cilantro, as desired.