Crispy Ginger Cookies serving
There is something soothing about a ginger cookie. This crispy version is everything you remember from Grandma’s version!
Makes: 20Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sift flour and ginger in a large bowl, then stir in sugar. Mix the vanilla, molasses, butter, egg, and applesauce in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well blended. Place dough in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape firm dough into balls and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes and let cool. Ginger cookies are done when the tops start to crack in the oven. Once you see the cracking, pull them out and let them harden.