Crispy Honey-Ginger Chicken
This crispy, delicious and quick-cooking honey-ginger chicken is better (and better for you) than the one at your local takeout place.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces chicken cutlets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for cooking
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Whisk together rice vinegar, water, honey, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and garlic. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip in beaten egg; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat enough oil to coat bottom. Cook chicken 6 to 10 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken. Wipe pan clean.
- Pour sauce mixture into hot pan; bring to boil. Cook about 30 seconds, until thickened.
- Serve chicken over rice with sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.