Crispy Pork Wonton
On cold winter nights, these wrapped wontons can be boiled in chicken stock to make soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 lbs. ground pork
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 packet, wonton wrappers (about 30 wrappers)
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground pork, shallot, garlic, cilantro, egg, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- For each wonton, put 2 teaspoons of the mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper and bring top and bottom edges together forming a four-pointed star. Seal with water.
- In a frying pan, deep-fry wontons for 2 minutes in oil that has been heated to 350°F, until wontons are golden brown and start to float to the top. Turn wontons halfway through so they are evenly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.