Crispy Potato Pancakes
This can be served with applesauce for an entrée, alongside eggs for breakfast or brunch, or even as an appetizer with an aioli dipping sauce.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 medium mild onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup potato flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- Mix the grated potatoes, onions, parsley, scallions, and eggs in a bowl. Sprinkle with potato flour, salt, and pepper. Form into cakes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 350°F and spoon in the potato cakes, pressing down to make a patty.
- Fry until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.