Crispy Quinoa Cakes with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
Quinoa is a plant-based complete protein, which means it supplies all the essential amino acids your body needs from food. It’s also a good source of fiber, which makes it a satisfying base for these savory patties, which can be served atop your favorite greens.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 6 tablespoons cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Avocado oil for cooking
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 8 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spring Mix
- In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in quinoa, flour, 2 tablespoons cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and cumin.
- Form mixture into 4 evenly-sized patties; refrigerate while you prepare salsa.
- In clean bowl, stir together pineapple, avocado, lime zest and juice, remaining 4 tablespoons cilantro and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Cover bottom of large non-stick skillet with oil; heat over medium heat. Cook patties, being careful to not overcrowd the pan, 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve over spring greens. Top with pineapple salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers.