Crispy Smashed Garlic and Parmesan Potatoes
These potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They’re perfect alongside a roasted turkey for Thanksgiving and are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (1 lb.) Private Selection™ Petite Medley Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large pot of water, boil the potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and pat the potatoes dry. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and toss with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Take a spoon and gently press the center of each potato down until it is flattened, but still holds together.
- Space the potatoes on the baking sheet so they are not touching and bake for 15-20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each potato, then bake for 5-8 more minutes, until crispy and lightly golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.