These tofu cubes may be eaten as a snack with the dipping sauce of your choice, or be used as part of another recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 block (12.3 oz.) firm tofu
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- Press the tofu for 1 hour by wrapping in cheese cloth and weighing down with a heavy pan. Cut into cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Add tofu and toss to coat.
- Add the oil to a preheated wok and heat to 350°F. When the oil is hot, add the tofu pieces. Fry until they turn golden. Drain on paper towels.