Crispy Vegan “Chicken” Sandwiches with Slaw and Spicy Sauce
This plant-friendly take on a fried southern favorite will please guests of any age. It’s bursting with flavor as-is, but you can try a pumped-up version by adding bread and butter pickles.
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Blue Agave Light Golden Syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise®
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1 package (14 oz.) Simple Truth™ Meatless Crispy Patties
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Grain Wheat Hamburger Buns, split and toasted
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Cover and chill.
- Combine Vegenaise and hot sauce in a small bowl; cover and chill.
- Cook Meatless Crispy Patties according to package directions; keep warm.
- Spread Vegenaise mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Top each bottom bun with a Meatless Crispy Patty. Top evenly with slaw; add top bun.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 wedges and secure with picks. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.