Crockpot Chocolate Cherry Cake
A decadent chocolate cherry and walnut pudding cake made easy in the crockpot!
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 box (16.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 2 cans Kool-Aid® Sparklers Cherry Flavored Sparkling Drink
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Kroger® Walnuts Halves & Pieces, chopped
- 1 bag (10 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- Ice cream, optional for serving
- Hot fudge topping, optional for serving
- Grease a crockpot with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, 1 can cherry flavored drink, melted butter and eggs. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together pudding mix and 1 can cherry flavored drink. Set aside.
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the prepared crockpot and spread with a spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the crockpot. Top filling with chopped walnuts. Pour in cake batter and spread evenly over walnuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to evenly scoop the pudding mixture on top of the cake batter. Sprinkle dark chocolate chips evenly over the pudding mixture.
- Place a thin dish towel over your crockpot, before placing the lid on. This collects the condensation created during the cooking process. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until cake is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with optional ice cream and drizzle of hot fudge.