Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
Impress Mom with a fancy breakfast croissant. Add fresh fruit and some yogurt for a perfect start to the day.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 large croissants
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- In 10” skillet, cook bacon in 2 batches over medium-high heat until crisp, turning once or twice during cooking. Drain bacon on paper towels. Remove all but 2 teaspoons drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Heat reserved drippings over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. The egg mixture will become firm at the bottom and side very quickly. When this happens, gently lift the cooked portions around the edge with a turner so that the thin, uncooked portion can flow to the bottom. Cook 3-4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Spread over cut side of croissants.
- Divide bacon, eggs, tomato and avocado evenly among croissants. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.