Croque-Monsieur Maison (Homestyle Croque-Monsieur)
This one is the home-cook version. Much easier, and a little less dangerous in terms of calorie count!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. grated cheese (Gruyère or Comté)
- 4 slices jambon blanc, or thin cooked ham
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread, and spread them with Dijon mustard. Add 2 tablespoons of grated cheese, then a folded slice of ham. Put another slice of bread on top, then spread a teaspoon of butter on the cover bread. Proceed this way for the other three sandwiches, and put in the oven over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.