Croque Monsieur Sliders
Dijon mustard adds a subtle zing to the creamy white sauce, also known as béchamel, in these savory ham and cheese sliders.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ French Recipe Dijon Mustard, plus more for serving
- Ground pepper
- 12 slices ham
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide rolls into 2 sections of 6 rolls each. If rolls are not pre-split, use bread knife to split each section horizontally. Set tops aside. Place bottoms on baking sheet, keeping connected or sides tightly touching.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add flour; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Add milk while whisking steadily. Bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Whisk in mustard; season, with salt and pepper, to taste. Keep warm (sauce will thicken as it sits).
- Spread tops and bottoms of rolls lightly with sauce, setting some sauce aside for topping. Fold ham slices into quarters and place evenly on roll bottoms. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over ham. Arrange roll tops over sandwiches.
- Drizzle assembled sliders with reserved sauce, then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake until sauce bubbles, cheese melts and browns slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Separate sandwiches and serve hot, with additional mustard, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.