Crunchy Coated Nuts
Slightly sweet, with a spicy kick from the cayenne, these crunchy nuts are the life of any party. If you prefer less heat, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3⁄4 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups unsalted mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a sided baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Place the egg white and seasonings in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Add the mixed nuts and toss until evenly coated. Arrange the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake 30 minutes, removing the pan halfway through baking time, stirring well, and returning to oven.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and set on wire rack to cool. Nuts will crisp as they dry and cool, so let them cool fully before removing from the sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.