Crunchy Garlic Eggplant Chips
Who knew eggplant could be transformed into delicious chips that satisfy your salt cravings but also provide tons of essential nutrition? Now, you can use your favorite purple vegetable for far more than just roasting and grilling!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1⁄8-inch slices
- 2 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Place the eggplant slices on 1⁄2 of a towel, cover with remaining 1⁄2 of towel, and press down firmly to remove excess moisture.
- Salt top sides of eggplant slices with 1 teaspoon of salt and allow to set for about 5 minutes. Perform towel-press again to remove any excess moisture, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1⁄2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Preheat an oven to broil at 400°F and spray an oven rack with olive oil spray.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the oven rack with salted sides down. Sprinkle remaining salt, garlic powder, and pepper on slices. Broil for 5 minutes, checking frequently, or until golden brown. Turn chips and continue broiling for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.