Crunchy Herbed Asparagus Fries
These flaky and light asparagus “fries” are a fun twist on the versatile spring vegetable. The dill, Parmesan cheese, and panko crumbs each add a layer of flavor and texture, while still letting asparagus shine through.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 24 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs in a separate medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, dill, and pepper in a pie plate. Dredge asparagus in flour, then eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.