Crunchy Nut Treats
These are a wonderful nutty and slightly sweet bite to have at any party.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening, 3⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in the flour at low speed. Stir in the nuts.
- Shape the dough into round balls and place several inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Check frequently during the last 5 minutes to ensure they don’t scorch.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Roll the warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Let stand until cool.