Crunchy Parmesan Asparagus
Who can resist the combination of crunchy breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon, and asparagus? Even reluctant asparagus eaters will enjoy the crunchy coating.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3⁄4 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss breadcrumbs and cheese together with lemon zest. Add butter and lemon juice and mix together with a fork or your fingers until the butter is evenly distributed in the bread crumbs.
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the breadcrumb mixture in a line across the middle of the asparagus.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the crumbs are brown and the asparagus is just tender. Remove from the oven and serve hot.