Crustless Apple Pie
You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the type of apples you use. A softer Golden Delicious should be cooked through and soft in the recommended cooking times, but a crisper Granny Smith, Roma, or Gala apple may take longer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. rice flour
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- Treat a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray. Arrange apple slices on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and water; stir to mix. Evenly drizzle over the apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rice flour, brown sugar, butter, and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon. Mix well. Evenly crumble the mixture over the apples. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled, topped with honey, Greek yogurt, and the remaining cinnamon.