Crustless Bacon Quiche
The filling in this quiche stands up to freezing very well because of the flour and evaporated milk. You can cut the cooked quiche into wedges before freezing, defrost in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- Cooking spray
- 6 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10” round baking dish.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour and pepper into a pan and cook and stir until bubbly, about 3-4 minutes. Add evaporated milk to pan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened. Cool sauce 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with sour cream and hot pepper sauce. Add bacon, cooled sauce and Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until pie is puffed, set and golden brown.