Crustless Quiche with Smoked Salmon and Potatoes
This hearty crustless quiche can be served at just about any meal. It would also add a touch of elegance to a picnic or potluck.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. new potatoes, cooked and split lengthwise
- 1 packet (4 oz.) smoked salmon
- 1 log (4 oz.) goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 medium scallions, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Over the bottom of the pie plate: place potatoes, cut-side-down, scatter strips of salmon, goat cheese, and scallions.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; then add the half-and-half, salt, and pepper and beat until frothy and pour into pie plate.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the middle of quiche no longer jiggles.
- Sprinkle with dill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.