Crustless Vegetable Quiche Cups
This protein-packed supper can be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. It’s also the perfect way to sneak in your daily dose of vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 cup fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. sweet basil
- 1⁄4 tsp. oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and continue cooking until veggies have wilted, about 3–4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.