Crustless Vegetable Quiche Cups
This protein-packed supper can be made with whatever vegetables you have on hand. It’s also the perfect way to sneak in your daily dose of vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 cup fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. sweet basil
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 2–3 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and continue cooking until veggies have wilted, about 3–4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.