Crustless Veggie Tuna Quiche
A quiche is a great recipe for entertaining at a brunch. This healthy version is filled with vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained
- 1 cup low-fat goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9" pie pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3–4 minutes longer.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and basil and cook and stir until bubbly. Add milk and sour cream; cook and stir until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in eggs and egg whites.
- Stir in tuna and goat cheese. Pour into prepared pie pan and sprinkle with Romano cheese. Bake for 40–50 minutes or until quiche is puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.