Crustless Veggie Tuna Quiche
A quiche is a great recipe for entertaining at a brunch. This healthy version is filled with vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained
- 1 cup low-fat goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour and set aside. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and basil and cook and stir until bubbly. Add milk and sour cream; cook and stir until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in eggs and egg whites.
- Stir in tuna and goat cheese. Pour into prepared pie pan and sprinkle with Romano cheese. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until quiche is puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.