Crustless White Cheddar Quiche with Pork Belly
Enjoy breakfast any time of day thanks to this crustless quiche, packed with herbs, cheese, mushrooms and pork belly.
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (4 oz.) Private Selection™ Gourmet Blend Mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup each green and white onions, chopped
- 1 package (2.85 oz.) Private Selection™ Original BBQ Recipe Pork Belly Bites, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded Private Selection™ Vermont Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter and add mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and sauté 4-5 minutes. Add onions, pork belly and thyme. Continue cooking 3-5 minutes until moisture in pan is gone. Cool 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs and half-and-half and beat until incorporated. Add shredded cheese and skillet mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into 10” pie pan or 9”x11” baking dish. Dollop with ricotta and sprinkle with parsley. Bake 35-40 minutes (to safe internal temperature of 160°F). Allow to rest 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy, refrigerating any leftovers.