Crying Tiger (Grilled Beef and Roasted Chili Sauce with Shallots)
Crying Tiger references the fat that drips when you are grilling the beef. The cut of steak depends on your preferred level of fat, but a fattier cut of beef is usually preferred for this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. rib-eye or sirloin steak, sliced into big, 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. roasted chili flakes
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Marinate the steak in soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients to make dipping sauce and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Grill steak over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness. Let rest for another 10 minutes. Slice into small 1⁄8-inch pieces and serve with dipping sauce.