Crying Tiger (Grilled Beef and Roasted Chili Sauce with Shallots)
Crying Tiger references the fat that drips when you are grilling the beef. The cut of steak depends on your preferred level of fat, but a fattier cut of beef is usually preferred for this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces rump steak or rib-eye or sirloin steak, sliced into big, ½" pieces
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon roasted chili flakes
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Marinate the steak in soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients to make dipping sauce and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Grill steak over high heat for 5–10 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness. Let rest for another 10 minutes. Slice into small ⅛" pieces and serve with dipping sauce.