Crystallized Ginger Cookies
These old-fashioned cookies have an extra snap of crystallized ginger along with ground ginger. They are delicious with a glass of cold milk, or served with midmorning coffee or tea.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, and sugar and mix until fluffy. Stir in egg and honey and beat well to combine. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until cookies are golden around edges. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool.