These classic sandwiches are pressed as they cook, which results in crisp bread and a melted interior.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1 French baguette, sliced in 4 even rolls
- 4 slices (1 oz.) cooked ham
- 2 cups pork roast, cut in cubes
- 4 slices (1 oz.) Swiss cheese
- 15 pickle slices
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard and mix well. Cut rolls in half and spread cut sides with mayonnaise mixture.
- Preheat dual-contact grill, panini maker, or griddle. Layer pork, ham, and cheese on half of rolls. Place pickles on other half, then put halves together to make sandwiches.
- Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches and grill, pressing down on sandwiches if not using dual-contact grill or panini maker, until bread is crisp and golden brown and filling is hot. Serve immediately.