Cucumber salad is cool and refreshing, but with a bit of spice. Enjoy as a healthy afternoon snack or with any meal that would benefit from a quick pickle taste.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- ½ cup thinly sliced white onion
- In a large, shallow container or baking sheet, spread the cucumber slices in a single layer and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess water from the cucumbers and place cucumbers in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, sugar, oil, and dill.
- Pour dressing over the cucumbers, add onions, and toss gently.
- Allow to sit at least 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to mingle.