This refreshing combination of foods is the perfect summer brunch recipe. Cleansing cucumbers, blood-purifying parsley, bacteria-fighting garlic, and gut-soothing yogurt restore balance to your internal organs, refresh your palate, cool the heat, and delight the taste buds. Best served chilled.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 medium cucumbers
- 4 medium cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- Peel, trim, quarter lengthwise, seed, and chop cucumbers. Hold back a cup of chopped cucumber for garnish.
- In a food processor, purée garlic, mint, parsley, yogurt, sea salt, and vinegar. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño to processor and pulse to combine. Add remaining cucumber to processor in batches and process, scraping sides. While machine is running, add oil slowly through feed slot and process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add stock and water, stirring to combine. Adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve topped with reserved chopped cucumber.