Cucumber Horseradish Sauce
Horseradish sauce, (in Swedish, pepparrotssås) is a popular condiment in Scandinavia. Here, its sharpness is tempered by the subtle sweetness of minced cucumber.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 medium garden cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely minced
- Whisk together sour cream, milk, prepared horseradish, chopped dill, and white pepper.
- Gently fold minced cucumber into sauce.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.