Cucumber and Melon Salad
With its lively look and taste, this salad is a sure winner at a picnic. Try using a hollowed-out watermelon as a serving dish to make an impressive yet easy and inexpensive presentation.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 small cantaloupe, seeded and scooped with a melon baller
- 1⁄2 small honeydew melon, seeded and scooped with a melon baller
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 medium serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melon and the cucumber.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the fruit and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately, or if you like a zestier flavor, let the salad sit for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator to allow the chili flavor to develop.