Cucumber and Skimmed Buttermilk Summer Soup
The wonderful thing about cool summer soups is that you don’t need to hover over a hot stove to make them. This quick and easy soup is no exception.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large English cucumber, ends trimmed, left unpeeled and cut in chunks
- 1 cup skim buttermilk
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Purée all ingredients in a blender. Chill and serve.