Cucumber Slices with Smoked Salmon and Dill Cream
Use as an appetizer or substitute this for the salad course by adding fresh sliced carrots and celery to each plate.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 8 oz. Neufchâtel cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 oz. smoked salmon
- Cut the cumbers into slices about 1⁄4 inch thick. Place the slices on paper towels to drain while you prepare the dill cream.
- Combine the dill, Neufchâtel cheese, lemon juice, and pepper in a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Fit a pastry bag with the tip of your choice and spoon the salmon cream into the bag. Pipe 1 teaspoon of the dill cream atop each cucumber slice.
- Top the cream cheese with the salmon. Serve immediately.