Cumin Carrot Salad
This simple salad is a great addition to a meal when a green salad won't do.
- 5 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, add carrots, raisins, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and cinnamon. Combine well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Can be chilled 3 hours before serving.