Serve this scented rice with pork roast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1½ cups hot chicken stock
- Peel the onion and chop into ¼" pieces. Remove the stems, seeds, and membranes from the peppers and cut into ¼" pieces. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat the butter to medium temperature in a saucepan. Add the peppers and onion; cook until the onion is limp but not brown. Add the garlic, cumin, rice, and hot stock. Mix well and cover the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.