Cup Cheese Fondue
Authentic Amish cup cheese is a fresh cheese made with raw cow and goat milks, eggs, cream, butter, and herbs. This fondue offers some of the flavor without the hard-to-find ingredients.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. cottage cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese, in pieces
- 2 oz. Limburger cheese, in pieces
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. apple brandy
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large soft pretzels, cut into 2" chunks
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine cottage cheese, goat cheese, Limburger cheese, butter, and 1 cup of cream. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, bring mixture to a simmer.
- Continue cooking and stirring until cheeses are melted and well-blended with the cream. Combine cornstarch with apple brandy and add to simmering fondue. Keep stirring until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add chives, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into 1 or more fondue pots and place over heating source. Serve with soft pretzels.