A classic scone! If you don’t have access to currants, small raisins will work just fine.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold vegan margarine, cut into pieces
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup soy creamer
- 1 cup currants
- 3 Tbsp. soy milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut the cold margarine into the flour mixture until the margarine is in pea-sized bits. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg replacement, vanilla extract, soy creamer, and currants. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and shape into a 7-inch disk. Cut into 10 wedges and place 1 to 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with soy milk.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until lightly browned.