Curried Acorn Squash Soup
Try pouring this soup into small cups for a first course at Thanksgiving dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups baked acorn squash pulp
- 2 cups cooked apples
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄4 cup. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- Working in batches, place squash, apples, and broth into a blender; process until puréed. Pour into a large sauce pan; stir in curry powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Place over medium heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add more water or broth if necessary.
- Stir in heavy cream and add salt and pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with sour cream and grated nutmeg.