Curried Apple Soup
Apples contain no fat, sodium, or cholesterol and are a good source of fiber, so eat up!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Then add apples; cook and stir for 4 minutes longer.
- Add curry powder; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice; simmer until apples and leek are very soft, about 25 minutes.
- Reserve ½ cup soup and purée the remaining soup using an immersion blender. Add the reserved soup back into the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in coconut milk and heat for 2 minutes until steaming. Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve immediately.