Curried Brown Rice with Pecans
This versatile and hearty recipe can play either a supporting role or take center stage in any number of plant-based meals. The cranberries and pecans combine perfectly with the nutty brown rice and warm spices.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. pecans
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped, greens only
- Toast brown rice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir regularly to achieve an even, golden color and to release a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, curry powder, and ginger. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 45 minutes. Turn off heat, and let steam for an additional 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve topped with cranberries, pecans, and scallions.