Curried Butternut Squash
You’ll turn to this dish again and again for both casual meals and holiday affairs. The roasting process brings out the sweetness of the squash, and the curry adds a savory dimension that’s truly out of this world.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt-free curry powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Get out a 9" × 13" baking dish, line with foil, and set aside.
- Place squash on a cutting board. Trim off the top and bottom, then carefully peel. Slice in half and remove seeds using a spoon. Cut into 1" cubes and set aside.
- Sprinkle curry powder over the melted butter in a large bowl, then add the cubed squash and toss until evenly coated.
- Place baking pan on middle rack in oven and roast 20–25 minutes, until squash is tender and very lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve immediately.