Curried Butternut Squash Soup
This soup can easily be frozen and reheated. Place leftovers in resealable plastic containers. When ready to use, allow to thaw and reheat in a microwave.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 medium butternut squashes, peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
- 16 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the onions and cook for 20 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally. Add the curry and continue stirring.
- Add the squash, broth, salt and water. Heat to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place soup in a blender in small batches until smooth.