Curried Chicken Meatballs with Tomatoes
Succulent curried chicken meatballs with vegetables are great as an appetizer with crusty bread, a topping for pasta, or filling for a sandwich.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 6 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 slices toasted Italian bread
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- Grease a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Soak the bread in water for 20 minutes, or until bread has absorbed all of the moisture, and squeeze out by hand. Roughly chop the bread. In a large bowl, combine bread, chicken, eggs, onion, carrot, curry powder, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 16 small meatballs. Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, about 1 minute. Add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Place meatballs in slow cooker and add tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.